Open as PDF
- 8 -
CHARGING THE BATTERY
The player is powered by a lithium-polymer battery. It has no memory effect and thus it
can be recharged at any time regardless of whether it is fully or partially discharged.
The unit can be recharged when it is powered on or off. When the power is off, it takes
about 3～4 hours to fully charge the battery. When the power is on, it takes
approximately ten hours to charge the battery. When fully charged, the battery can be
used for about two hours.
The unit can be charged using the AC/DC Adapter or the Vehicle DC Power Adapter.
By AC/DC Adapter:
Connect the AC/DC adapter to the the unit, then plug the adapter
into a 0 VAC outlet.
By Vehicle DC Power Adapter:
Plug one end of the dapter into the jack on the unit,
then plug the other end into the socket of a car.
Do not charge the DVD player in the vehicle when the vehicle is not running.
While the unit is charging, the red charge indicator will flash. When the battery is fully
charged, the red charge indicator will be steadily lit.
Use and Maintenance of the Rechargeable Battery
1.The working temperature of the rechargeable battery is 32 °F (0 °C) to 95 °F (35 °C).
2. Always unplug the unit when it is not being used or charged.
3. If you do not plan to use the battery for an extended period of time (one week or
longer), we recommend that you fully charge the battery. For longer periods of
storage, please recharge the battery at least once every two months to maintain the
battery in optimum condition.
4. Once the battery is fully discharged, immediately recharge the battery (regardless of
whether you plan to use the DVD player or not) in order to maximize battery life.
5. Recharge efficiency will degrade when temperatures drop below 50 °F (10°C) or
exceed 95 °F (35 °C).
6. The battery compartment contains a temperature sensor. If the temperature exceeds
104 °F (40 °C) when charging the unit, the power will turn off automatically and the red
charge indicator on the side of the unit will flash. In this case, disconnect the power
adapter, wait for the unit to cool down, then reconnect the power adapter.
7. Heat is produced during charging. This is normal.
8. Do not subject the battery to strong impacts.
9. Keep the battery away from humidity and excessive heat.
10. The battery is not user serviceable. Please contact Audiovox in the event the battery
will not charge.
DC IN 9-12V jack on
Vehicle DC Power A DC IN 9-12V
vehicle DC accessory