Open as PDF
When using electric tools, basic safety precautions should
always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric
shock, and personal injury, including the following:
1. Read this instruction manual and the charger
instruction manual carefully before use.
2. Clean only with dry cloth.
3. Do not block any ventilation opening. Install in
accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction.
4. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators,
heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including
amplifiers) that produce heat.
5. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the
6. Unplug this apparatus during lighting storms or when
unused for long periods of time.
7. A battery operated radio with integral batteries or a
separate battery pack must be recharged only with the
specified charger for the battery. A charger that may
be suitable for one type of battery may create a risk of
fire when used with another battery.
8. Use battery operated radio only with specifically
designated battery packs. Use of any other batteries
may create a risk of fire.
9. When battery pack is not in use, keep it away from
other metal objects like: paper clips, coins, keys, nails,
screws, or other small metal objects that can make a
connection from one terminal to another. Shorting the
battery terminals together may cause sparks, burns,
or a fire.
10. Avoid body contact with grounded surfaces such as
pipes, radiators, ranges and refrigerators. There is an
increased risk of electric shock if your body is
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
• AM/FM-stereo PLL Synthesized
• Large LCD display with illumination
• Manual/Preset/Scan tuning
• Rotary tuning and volume control
• 5 preset stations each band
• Time and 2 alarm timers (radio and HWS buzzer) with
• Adjustable sleep (auto shut off) timer
• Stereo speaker for rich sound performance
• Ultra rugged design
• Water resistant to JIS 4
• Powered by both Makita battery pack and supplied
Explanation of general view
1. Power and Sleep timer
2. Band/Tuning step selection and Mono button
3. Radio alarm set
4. Buzzer alarm set
5. Preset stations
6. Scan tuning and Time set
7. Volume and Tuning controls
8. DC IN socket
9. Headphone socket
10. Soft bended rod antenna
11. Battery compartment (including main battery pack and
back up batteries)
14. Battery compartment locker
15. Main battery compartment
16. Back up battery compartment
17. Red part
19. Battry cartridge
A. Radio alarm
B. HWS buzzer alarm
C. Scan tuning
D. Band Indicator
E. Low battery indicator
F. Preset stations
G. Sleep and Snooze status
I. Stereo symbol and Volume
K. Time set
L. PM for clock