Open as PDF
XL-PG300B/ LVT1178-014A / US XL-PG300B/ LVT1178-014A / US XL-PG300B/ LVT1178-014A / US
Stereo headphones ..........................................................................................................................1 pc.
AC adaptor (AA-R4518) .................................................................................................................1 pc.
AC plug adaptor ..............................................................................................................................1 pc.
Concerning Compact Discs
PORTABLE CD PLAYER
Thank you for purchasing this JVC product. Please read these instructions carefully before starting
operation to be sure to obtain optimum performance and a longer service life from the unit.
Only compact discs bearing this mark can be used with this unit.
However, continued use of irregular shape CDs (heart-shape, octagonal, etc.) can damage
If moisture has formed on a disc
When moisture has formed because the
disc was brought suddenly into a warm
room from a cold environment, wipe off
the moisture using a soft dry cloth.
When storing discs
Avoid locations which are
• Exposed to direct sunlight.
• Susceptible to high levels of humidity or
• Directly exposed to heat from a heating
• On top of a car dashboard or near the
• On the label side (the side with writing)
Do not write anything using a pencil,
ball-point pen, etc. Do not use adhesive
paper or labels.
• On the disc (shiny) side
Handle this side carefully to keep it free
from fingerprints or scratches. Do not
use record cleaners, solvents, etc.
• Do not attach labels or stickers to CDs.
Do not use CDs with exposed adhesive
from tape or left over peeled off stickers.
• Do not use scratch-proof protectors or
covers other than those specified for use
with this unit.
If the disk surface is dirty
Wipe it with a damp cloth and then wipe dry.
Wipe from the center toward the outer edge.
How to hold a disc
How to store the disc in
How to remove a disc from its case
Label side up
CD-R and CD-RW discs recorded with the audio
CD format can be played back, though some may
not be played back because of the disc character-
istics or recording condition.
Play surface (shiny surface)
©2004 VICTOR COMPANY OF JAPAN, LIMITED
Put the grip band on your hand
Adjust the grip band to your hand size.
Wipe the unit with a soft cloth. Remove stubborn dirt using a cloth which has been dipped in wa-
ter or soapy water and wrung out, and then wipe dry.
• If you intend to use a chemically treated cleaning cloth, read its directions first.
• Do not use alcohol or paint thinners.
Air blower for
1. Care of AC adaptor - The cord of the AC adaptor should be
routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by
items placed upon or against them. Never take hold of the AC
adaptor if your hand is wet, and always grasp the plug when
connecting or disconnecting it.
2. Disconnect when not in use - When not in use, be sure to dis-
connect the AC adaptor from the AC power outlet.
3. Batteries - If the unit is not used for a long period of time or is
used only from an AC power source, remove all the batteries to
prevent potential damage due to battery leakage. Do not mix
(old and new ) batteries or different types of batteries.
1. Condensation - Moisture may form on the lens in the follow-
• immediately after a heater has been turned on.
• in a steamy or very humid room.
• when the unit is suddenly moved from a cold environment to
a warm one. If moisture forms inside this unit, it may not op-
erate properly. To correct this problem wait about one hour
for the moisture to evaporate.
1. Foreign Material - Care should be taken so that objects do not
fall into and liquids are not spilled into the unit. Do not subject
this unit to excessive smoke, dust, mechanical vibration, or
2. Magnetism - The unit should be situated away from equipment
or devices that generate strong magnetic fields.
3. Stacking - Do not place any objects on top of the unit.
(See page 5 for details.)
Clean the cabinet, panel and controls with a soft cloth lightly
moistened with mild detergent solution.
Do not use any type of abrasive pad, scouring powder or solvent
such as alcohol or benzine.
1.Damage Requiring Service - The unit should be serviced by
qualified service personnel when:
(a) The AC adaptor is damaged; or
(b) Objects have fallen or liquid has been spilled into the unit; or
(c) The unit has been exposed to rain; or
(d)The unit does not appear to operate normally or exhibits a
marked change in performance; or
(e) The unit has been dropped, or the enclosure damaged.
THIS PRODUCT UTILIZES A LASER.
USE OF CONTROLS OR ADJUSTMENTS OR PERFORMANCE
OF PROCEDURES OTHER THAN THOSE SPECIFIED HEREIN
MAY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE.
DO NOT OPEN COVERS AND DO NOT REPAIR YOURSELF.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED PERSONNEL.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO
NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
• Do not block the ventilation opening or holes. (If the venti-
lation openings of holes are blocked by a newspaper or
cloth, etc., the heat may not be able to get out.)
• Do not place any naked flame sources, such as lighted
candles, on the apparatus.
• When discarding batteries, environmental problems must
be considered and local rules or laws governing the dis-
posal of these batteries must be followed strictly.
• Do not expose this apparatus to rain, moisture, dripping or
splashing and that no objects filled with liquids, such as vases,
shall be placed on the apparatus.
• Is the AC adaptor securely connected?
• Is the HOLD switch set to OFF position?
Is the disc properly secured in place?
• Is the disc properly secured in place?
• Is there moisture condensation on the lens?
(Wait for about an hour and then try again.)
• Is the headphone plug inserted all the way?
• Is the plug dirty? (Wipe away dirt on the plug.)
Are you using the unit too near a TV or tuner? (If the TV or
tuner is connected to a simple indoor antenna, connect it to
an outdoor antenna.)
• Is the disc damaged?
• Is the disc playable on this player?
• Has the disc been inserted upside down?
Does not turn on.
Cannot close the lid.
Cannot play discs.
Cannot hear music—too
TV picture is distorted.
Radio reception is noisy.
“dISC” or “Er” is displayed
when a disc is in the
If the remedies indicated in the chart do not solve the problem, refer to the directory of Autho-
rized Service Centers (enclosed with this unit) to locate a convenient service center, or consult
your dealer for instructions.
Portable CD player
Type : Compact disc player
Signal detection system : Non-contact optical pickup (semiconductor laser)
Pickup system : 3 beam laser
Number of channels: : 2 channels (stereo)
Frequency response : 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Wow & flutter : Unmeasurable
Output : Headphones (3.5 mm dia. stereo × 1)
9 mW/ch at 10 % THD/16 Ω matching impedance (16 Ω to 1 kΩ)
Duration of battery : Approx. 30 hours when using two alkaline batteries (LR6)
Protection EX OFF)
Power requirements : DC 3 V (“AA” or “R6” size battery × 2)
DC 2.4V (rechargeable battery × 2)
DC IN 4.5 V
Dimensions (W×H×D) : 133.2 mm ×30.8 mm ×146.8 mm (5-
” × 1-
” × 5-
(Excluding buttons and controls)
Mass : 250 g (0.56 lbs)
(with grip band, without batteries)
Input power source : AC 110V - 127V/220 V - 240V, 50/60 Hz
Output voltage : DC 4.5 V, 600 mA
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Do not play your headphones or earphones at a high volume.
Hearing experts advise against continuous extended play.
If you experience a ringing in your ears, reduce volume or discon-
Do not use while operating a motorized vehicle. It may create a
traffic hazard and is illegal in many areas.
You should use extreme caution or temporarily discontinue use
in potentially hazardous situations.
Even if your headphones or earphones are an open-air type de-
signed to let you hear outside sounds, don’t turn up the volume
so high that you can’t hear what’s around you.
Sound can be deceiving. Over time your hearing “comfort level”
adapts to higher volumes of sound. So what sounds “normal” can
actually be loud and harmful to your hearing.
Guard against this by setting your equipment at a safe level BE-
FORE your hearing adapts.
To establish a safe level:
• Start your volume control at a low setting.
• Slowly increase the sound until you can hear it comfortably and
clearly, and without distortion.
Once you have established a comfortable sound level:
• Set the dial and leave it there.
• Rechargeable batteries (not supplied) can be used.
• To use the rechargeable batteries, follow the instruction manual
attached to the rechargeable batteries and charger (not sup-
Dry cell batteries
To prevent damage to the batteries and electrolyte leakage, heed
the following points.
• Align the , and . polarities properly when inserting the bat-
• Do not mix different types or makers of batteries or old and
• Remove the batteries if you do not plan to use the unit for a
long period of time.
• Do not throw batteries into a fire, and do not short-circuit, dis-
assemble or subject them to excessive heat.
• Do not attempt to recharge dry cell batteries.
Carrying dry cell batteries around
When putting dry cell batteries in a pocket or bag, ensure that no
other metal objects such as a necklace are placed together with
them. Contact with metal may cause short-circuiting which, in
turn, may cause a fire.
• Handle the AC adaptor carefully. Improper handling is dan-
• Do not touch it with wet hands.
• Do not place heavy objects on top of it.
• Do not forcibly bend it.
• Be sure to connect only the specified AC adaptor with the unit.
• Disconnect the AC adaptor from the power outlet if the unit is
not going to be used for a long time.
No altering or remodeling
This can cause malfunctioning.
No dropping or strong impacts
This may damage the unit.
Locations to be avoided
Avoid using the unit in the following locations since they can
1. Bathrooms and other moisture-prone places.
2. Warehouses and other dusty places
3. Very hot places near heating appliances, etc.
Do not leave the unit exposed to direct sunlight for
long periods of time
This may deform or discolor the cabinet and may also cause mal-
VARNING: Synlig Och
osynlig laserstrålning när
den öppnas och spärren är
urkopplad. Betrakta ej
CAUTION: Visible and invisible
laser radiation when open and
interlock failed or defeated.
AVOID DIRECT EXPOSURE TO
ADVARSEL: Synlig og usynlig
laserstråling når maskinen er
åben eller interlocken fejle.
Undgå direkte eksponering
til stråling. (d)
VARO: Avattaessa ja
viallisena olet alttiina näkyvälle
ja näkymättömälle lasersäteilylle.
Vältä säteen kohdistumista
suoraan itseesi. (f)
IMPORTANT FOR LASER PRODUCTS
1. CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT
2. CAUTION: Do not open the top cover. There are
no user serviceable parts inside the unit; leave all
servicing to qualified service personnel.
3. CAUTION: Visible and invisible laser radiation
when open and interlock failed or defeated. Avoid
direct exposure to beam.
4. REPRODUCTION OF LABEL: CAUTION LABEL,
PLACED OUTSIDE THE UNIT.