Open as PDF
Sony Corporation © 1987 Printed in Japan
Manual de instrucciones
Rechargeable Battery Pack
Follow the instructions below to prevent battery
leakage, inner heat built-up, and explosion:
• Do not charge the battery pack with any equipment other
than the specified AC power adapter.
• Be sure not to short-circuit (the positive and negative
terminals of the battery pack are contacted by a metallic
object) the battery pack. Do not carry or keep with other
metallic objects such as a metal-bodied ball-point-pen,
necklace, coin or hair-pin, etc.
• Do not throw into a fire, heat, modify, disassemble or solder
• Do not mix old batteries with new ones, charged batteries
with discharged ones or mix different types of batteries
• If the electrolyte inside the battery gets into your eyes, wash
them with clean water and seek medical help immediately.
The BP-43 Rechargeable Battery Pack is for the Sony portable
• Charge the battery pack before using.
• If the battery pack is new or has not been used for a long
period of time, it may not have been charged completely until
you have used it several times.
• You can charge the battery pack about 300 times. When the
operating time of the fully-charged battery pack becomes
short, the battery is almost dead. In this case, prepare a new
• Output voltage 2.4 V
• Capacity 200 mAh
• Charging temperature 5°C (41°F) – 35°C (95°F)
For the customers in the U.S.A. and Canada
RECYCLING NICKEL-CADMIUM BATTERIES
Nickel Cadmium batteries are recyclable. You can help preserve
our environment by returning your unwanted batteries to your
nearest point for collection, recycling or proper disposal.
Note: In some areas the disposal of nickel-cadmium batteries in
household or business trash may be prohibited.
RBRC (Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation) advises you
about spent battery collection by the following phone number.
Call toll free number: 1-800-822-8837 (United States and Canada only)
Caution: Do not handle damaged or leaking nickel-cadmium batteries.