Open as PDF
CAUTION: SPLASH RESISTANT
This unit has been constructed to resist mild steam and light splashes
from the shower or bath only. It should never be operated under running
water and under no circumstances should it ever be fully immersed in
AM/FM SHOWER RADIO
This Shower Radio operates on 4 × ’AAA’ size (UM-4) batteries (not included).
1. Open the Battery Compartment (located on the rear of the unit) by rotating the
screws counterclockwise and lift off the Cover.
2. Following the polarity diagram (+ and -) as shown inside the battery
compartment, insert 4 × ’AAA’ size (UM-4) batteries.
3. Put the Battery Compartment Cover back on and rotate the screws clockwise
to secure it in place.
: Be sure that the batteries are installed correctly. Wrong
polarity may damage the unit.
4. For better performance and longer operating time, we recommend only using
5. (a) Do not mix old and new batteries.
(b) Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) or rechargeable
6. If the unit is not to be used for an extended period of time, remove the
batteries. Old or leaking batteries can cause damage to the unit and will void
7. Do not dispose of batteries in fire, batteries may explode or leak.
1. Turn on the unit by rotating the ON/OFF Volume Control clockwise until a
“click” is heard.
2. Set the AM/FM Band Select Switch to “AM” or “FM” for the desired radio band.
3. Turn the TUNING Control to select the desired radio station.
4. Adjust the ON/OFF Volume Control to obtain the desired sound level.
5. Turn off the unit by rotating the ON/OFF Volume Control fully
counterclockwise until a “click” is heard.
TIPS FOR BETTER RADIO RECEPTION
1. To insure maximum FM tuner sensitivity, try rotating the unit to obtain the best
2. When tuning in AM reception, be sure to place the unit in a vertical position.
To insure best AM sensitivity, try repositioning the unit until the best reception
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
1. Clean the unit with a damp (never wet) cloth. Solvents or detergents should
never be used.
2. Avoid leaving the unit in direct sunlight or in hot or dusty places.
3. Keep the unit away from heating appliances and sources of electrical noise
such as fluorescent lamps or motors.
4. This unit has rubber seals to minimize the risk of moisture getting inside.
However, do not immerse it in water since permanent damage to the electrical
and mechanical parts will result.
5. Always wipe the outside of the cabinet thoroughly if it becomes wet with
moisture or water splashes. This will help to prevent the internal parts of the
unit from entry of water and possible moisture damage.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Radio
Receiver, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to
provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential
installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency
energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may
cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular
installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television
reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user
is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following
LOCATION OF CONTROLS
1. Rotating Hook Handle
2. TUNING Control
3. VOLUME Control (Power On/Off)
5. AM/FM Band Select Switch
6. Battery Compartment Door