Open as PDF
12 of 16
The XB9 Boom Box should be inspected periodically for external damage. At least once every 30
days of use, perform the following checks:
1. Inspect the Receiver connector for loose, bent or broken pins, misalignment, etc.; make
sure theXR9 connector is intact and exhibits no apparent damage.
2. Check the VOL control for freedom of motion without binding of any kind.
3. Check that the MODE pushbutton operates correctly in that it toggles between the Satellite
Radio output and the AUX input.
4. Make sure the antenna connector at the rear of the unit is free from damage of any kind and that
the antenna lead plug mates correctly and securely.
5. Make sure the DC 12V connector at the rear of the unit is also free from damage of any kind and
that the AC Adapter plug mates correctly and securely.
6. Check the antenna for any physical damage; make sure the antenna lead is secure and not
nicked or frayed.
7. Inspect the overall Boom Box case and speaker grilles for damage such as nicks, scratches
Cleaning the XB9 Boom Box
When cleaning the Boom Box, make sure the AC Adapter is unplugged from the power source. Do not
use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water for cleaning
the exterior of the Boom Box only.